By Matt Phillips
Matt Phillips, the founder and CEO of Jarhead Java, writes this article about his company in order to share his mission of supporting our military. Matt comes from a family of Marines, with his father serving in the Marine Corps during World War II. Matt volunteered to deploy to Iraq in 2008 as part of the OIF LOGCAP logistical support mission. Matt forward deployed to FOB Warrior/Kirkuk to support the front lines of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
“Enjoy a great tasting cup of coffee and you will be helping to support wounded and critically ill members of all branches of our armed forces and their families”. (www.jarheadjava.com)
Jarhead Java’s Mission is Simple
- Provide an exceptional coffee product while providing support and assistance to those who serve our great nation
- Proud to donate 50% of all profits to the SEMPER FI FUND and its program, AMERICA’S FUND to assist our wounded heroes from all branches of our military
- No other coffee company matches this level of support for the United States Military, making JARHEAD JAVA the “True Brew” supporter of those who defend the Red, White, and Blue
The Semper Fi Fund and its program America’s Fund, provide immediate financial assistance and lifetime support to post 9/11 wounded, critically ill and injured members of all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, and their families. The Semper Fi Fund helps ensured injured service members and their families have the resources they need during their recovery and transition back to their communities. Since the Semper Fi Fund’s inception in 2004, over $127 million has been provided to more than 16,000 service members and their families.
How They Help
Financial, emotional, and tiered support for our injured/ill service members and their families through the following programs: Family Support, Adaptive Housing, Adaptive Transportation, Specialized Equipment, Education and Career Transitioning, Rehabilitative Sports programs, and more.
How They Are Unique
The Semper Fi Fund has been awarded the highest ratings from watch dog groups: A+ Top Rated Charity from CharityWatch, and they are one of only three veteran nonprofits to receive this rating in recent years; and 4 Stars from Charity Navigator – a rating only given to 4% of all charities. They maintain an extremely low overhead – 6% – and they provide rapid assistance with no red tape.
Jarhead Java in Iraq (www.jarheadjava.com)
The basic ideal that drives their efforts is simple: for as much as our heroes have sacrificed, they deserve the best care and support available in their hour of need. The fund(s) are committed to being there at the time of injury or illness and for a lifetime if needed.
Coffee With a Cause
- The vast majority of Americans are very appreciative of our military
- This appreciation and willingness to support these wounded heroes transcends philosophy and ideology
- There are over twenty-four million veterans in this country and close to two million active duty/Guard/Reserves
- Add to that number their immediate family members, neighbors and friends (along with the average American who supports these wounded heroes) and one can see there is enormous potential market share for that demographic who would support these wounded heroes by purchasing a great coffee, at a fair price, for a great cause
JARHEAD JAVA’S 100% Colombian Arabica
- 100% Colombian Arabica Coffee sourced specifically for Jarhead Java
- A true gourmet Arabica coffee of the finest quality with dark caramel notes paired with a complexity of rich flavorings
- “Bold Roast” to provide a special rich, full bodied flavor profile
- Available in 12oz and 2lb bags roast & ground and K-Cups as well as foil packs for restaurant or cafeteria use
Available at the Marine Corps Exchange
Jarhead Java is available at the Marine Corps Exchange at numerous locations. Remember, 50% of all profits are donated to the SEMPER FI FUND and its program, AMERICA’S FUND.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO SSGTNICHOLS.COM